( Newsweek ) – An 8-year-old boy has died in Nebraska after reportedly becoming infected with the brain-eating amoeba. If confirmed, this would be the first case in the state ever recorded and suggests the Naegleria fowleri is expanding further north in the U.S.
The boy, Easton Gray, was likely exposed to the amoeba when he went swimming in the Elkhorn River near Valley—a community located west of Omaha—on August 8, according to the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services.
He began experiencing symptoms around five days after swimming in the river and was hospitalized two days after that, Douglas […]
With food prices skyrocketing, it behooves Americans to have food they can store long-term. Freeze-dried, sous vide, organic chicken from Prepper Organics lasts up to 25 years and is available at 10% off right now..